Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Day 3 Marathon is 263 days away - "Be Like Brett"


The Denver Rock 'n' Roll Marathon seems a log ways away right now. Only 263 days. This is my longest run of the week. I need to do 3 miles on the treadmill at the rec center. That will take me about 45 minutes to an hour.

I'm looking for something motivating today but I'm stuck right now. The best I can do is Brett Favre. The Vikings, my favorite team of any sport, signed Brett Favre who turned 40 years old this season. Most people thought he could not make it through an entire NFL season at 40. He proved the critics wrong by leading the Minnesota Vikings to the NFC Championship Game and missed the Super Bowl by one play. The Vikings lost in overtime 31 - 28 to the Saints.

I know the older we get the easier it is to give up on things we used to love to do, like running. But when you give up on the stuff you love a part of you dies. Keep the faith and keep running, playing golf, playing softball, or do whatever you love to do. Life is to short to quit.

No comments: