Friday, October 9, 2009

Training For Your First Marathon


My cousin Keith Pearson ran his first marathon this year. I'm extremely proud of him.

Keith and I used to be on the same 2 mile relay team in high school. We had one of the better 2 mile relays in South Dakota in the early 80's. I believe we got third at the state track meet my junion year of high school.

Keith recently sent me a photo of himself running the 2009 Grandmas Marathon in Duluth, Minnesota. Here's "Proof" that he ran.

I know he trained by running a half marathon a couple of months prior in Omaha. I'd still like to run a marathon. Hopefully I can drop enough weight to make this possible.

If you still haven't given up on training for your first Marathon. Check out this great article in the New York Times http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/05/18/time-to-train-for-your-first-marathon/.

No comments: