Thursday, December 4, 2008

Fat Man Marathon Training Schedule



O.K. Here's my training schedule. I found it on the Internet somewhere. Looks like one I can handle. I already ran 4 miles on the treadmill two nights ago.

This shoud be an easy-to-follow 22-week marathon training schedule.

Prerequisites

Before you start this training schedule, you need to:

Be able to run (or run/walk) 4 miles - I can do this
Be able to run 4 days a week - should be able to do this
Have done these two things for at least 4 months - I've been fairly active
Be ready to make a commitment to a life-changing goal - Yep

Weekly Marathon Training Schedule
Mon, Wed, and Fri: Run 4 miles
Tues, Thurs, Sat: Rest (or walk)
Sunday: Long Runs (Mileage Building)
Feel free to switch the actual days that you do your workouts but try to keep this pattern: run, rest/walk, run, rest/walk, run, rest/walk, long run. (Example: if you would like your long run to be on Saturday, instead of Sunday, your marathon training schedule would look like this: Sun, Tues, Thurs: run 4 miles; Mon, Wed, Fri: rest or walk; Saturday: long runs.

Week Long Run
1 6
2 8
3 6
4 10
5 8
6 12
7 8
8 14
9 8
10 16
11 9
12 10
13 18
14 10
15 20
16 11
17 22
18 12
19 12
20 24
21 & 22 taper

1 comment:

Doc In The Rock said...

Update on this training. Didn't follow my own schedule. Ate pizza and drank beer instead. I'm starting to see a pattern here. I think I'm my own worst enemy.