Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Welcome to Elite Fat Runner


I would like to thank my brother Dean for helping to be the inspiration for this Blog.

Let me give you some history. Over 20 years ago like many of you, I was lean and mean. I ran in the state track meet all through high school and out of college I ran a bunch of 5K's and 10K's. About 10 years ago I developed a weight problem that crept up on me over time. I think I put on between 10 to 20 lbs per year. I blame a lot of this on a career change. I went into the IT field full time. Day after day of sitting on my butt in front of a computer was hard on my health.

Despite this I continued to run. I love running. There is nothing better that getting out on a country road and running. Well I found there is not much support for other fat runners like myself so I decided to start this site. Here you will find some humor, some weight loss tips, and maybe some motivation.

In the picture above you will see me at the 2008 Denver Running of the Green. I was one of the fatter runners there. As you can see by the caption though, I am an Elite Runner.

Have a great day!
Darin

No comments: